Chocolate Nut Cranberry Clusters
Blue Ribbon Recipe
If you like the combination of dark chocolate, nuts, and cranberries, you're going to love this homemade candy. With three ingredients, you've got an easy addition for your candy tray or a holiday hostess gift. The hardest part of this candy recipe is waiting for the candies to set up in the fridge. Get the kiddos involved and have fun in the kitchen. The Test Kitchen
8 ozgood quality dark chocolate chips (although I've used Nestles semi-sweet chocolate chips and they are still very good)
1 ccoarsely chopped walnuts, pecans or almonds (make sure the pieces are not too small)
1/2 cdried cranberries (Craisins) or you can use raisins
How to Make Chocolate Nut Cranberry Clusters
- Line a small baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Place chocolate chips in a 2 cup Pyrex measuring cup and microwave on 50% power for approx 25 seconds - then stir well. Continue doing this until the chocolate chips are almost completely melted - reducing the time as you go. Be careful to not let the chocolate burn.
- Add the nuts and dried cranberries to the melted chocolate and mix well.
- Drop tablespoon fulls of the chocolate mixture onto the waxed paper-covered cookie sheet.
- Place in the fridge for at least 15 minutes. Enjoy.
- I like to store mine in the freezer.