Chocolate Nut Cranberry Clusters
Blue Ribbon Recipe
My right-hand gal (and daughter-in-law), Krissi, is the Test Kitchen's leading authority on dark chocolate, and she gives this recipe two enthusiastic thumbs-up! These would be lovely for a bake sale or holiday candy tray. The Test Kitchen
8 ozgood quality dark chocolate chips (although i've used nestles semi sweet chocolate chips and they are still very good)
1 ccoursley chopped walnuts, pecans or almonds (make sure the pieces are not too small)
1/2 cdried cranberries (craisins) or you can use raisins
How to Make Chocolate Nut Cranberry Clusters
- Line a small baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Place chocolate chips in a 2 cup pyrex measuring cup and microwave on 50% power for approx 25 seconds - then stir well. Continue doing this until the chocolate chips are almost completely melted - reducing the time as you go. Be careful to not let the chocolate burn.
- Add the nuts and dried cranberries to the melted chocolate and mix well.
- Drop tablespoon fulls of the chocolate mixture onto the waxed paper covered cookie sheet.
- Place in frig for at least 15 minutes. Enjoy.
- I like to store mine in the freezer.