Chocolate Mice - Dee Dee's
Diane Hopson Smith
These chocolate-covered cherry mice are fun to create and make an adorable presentation for parties, bake sales, and of course, Halloween. Let the kids help by setting up a production line, and they will have a ball. These candy mice are almost too cute to eat.
These mice are an eye catcher crawling on a cake, cheese ball, jelly roll type cake or on a plate of finger foods.
My niece made a cheese ball for an office party with these chocolate mice crawling on it. Her dish was a HIT!
Borrowed photo, tried and true!
·chocolate almond bark
36hershey kisses, unwrapped
1 jar(s)maraschino cherries with stems, drained
1/2 cslivered almonds
1tube red (clear) gel icing
How to Make Chocolate Mice - Dee Dee's
- Line a cookie shee with waxed or parchment paper.
- Rinse the maraschino cherries, drain thoroughly, and let dry on paper towels, turning often. The cherries must be completely dry or the chocolate will seize and get crumbly.
- Place about 2-3 squares at a time of chocolate almond bark in a bowl and gently melt in the microwave. Be careful not to over process the chocolate. You want it melted but not liquid. Thick enough to get at good coating.
- Dip dry cherries in melted chocolate to completely cover up to the stem. Place on lined cookie sheet. Immediately press on Hershey Kiss, flat side to the front of the dipped cherry, to form a head.
- While chocolate is still warm, wedge two sliced almonds between chocolate chip and cherry to form ears. Let cool.
- Use a toothpick to dab nose and beady red eyes on either side of the Hersheys Kiss with the red gel icing.
- Refrigerate to firmly set chocolate.
- NOTE: Use both white chocolate and dark chocolate for a variety.