How to Make Chocolate Macaroons
- 1Preheat oven to 375º F. Line with parchment paper or lightly grease two cookie sheets.
- 2Melt both chocolates in the top of a double boiler placed over simmering water, then let chocolate cool to tepid.
- 3Beat egg whites until frothy, about 30 seconds on medium-high speed. Gradually add sugar and continue beating until the mixture is the consistency of marshmallow fluff, about 30 seconds.
- 4Blend in vanilla, and then fold in the melted chocolate and then the coconut.
- 5Drop rounded tablespoons of the dough about 1 ½ inches apart onto the greased cookie sheet.
- 6Bake for 12 minutes or until the cookies form a light crust. Cool on cookie sheet a few minutes, and then place on wire cooling rack.