Chocolate macadamia meltaways
- 1/2 c
- butter, softened
- 1/4 c
- confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 c
- all purpose flour
- jar (3 1/2 ounces) macadamia nuts, finely chopped
- 1 c
- 6 ounce semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 c
- coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- addtional confectioners sugar
How to Make Chocolate macadamia meltaways
- 1In a small bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in the one jar of finely chopped nuts (dough will be stiff); set aside.
- 2For filling, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Stir in the 1/2 cup coarsely chopped nuts; cool slightly. Drop by 1/2 teaspoonfuls onto a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 3Shape teaspoonfuls of dough around each piece of chocolate-nut mixture so it is completely covered. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 4Bake at 375 for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Roll warm cookies in confectioner's sugar; cool on wire racks.