Chocolate Liqueur Shells1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 ozsemi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
3 ozwhite chocolate, melted
3 ozwhite chocolate, chopped
1 Tbspcreme de menthe
How to Make Chocolate Liqueur Shells
- With a spoon, smear melted chocolate evenly over inside of 12 paper cups.
- Turn cups upside down on a plate.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Gently peel off the paper.
- Mousse: Slowly melt white chocolate.
- Remove from heat; quickly beat in egg yolks.
- Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff, but not dry.
- Divide egg yolk into three separate bowls and add 1 teaspoon of a different liqueur to each bowl.
- Add a drop or two of green food coloring to bowl containing creme de menthe - if desired.
- A drop or two of yellow coloring can be added to Cointreau mixture.
- Gently fold a third of the egg whites into each of the bowls.
- Spoon into chocolate shells.
- Refrigerate 2 hours.
- These shells should be consumed within 24 hours.
- The chocolate cases can be made ahead of time and stored in a cool, dry place.
- Makes 12 candies.