How to Make Chocolate Divinty
- 1Mix sugar, Karo, water and salt together in pan, cook over medium heat to boil, reduce heat. Cook without stirring to 248 degrees.
- 2Beat egg whites until stiff. Pour 1/2 of the syrup mixture over egg whites, beating constantly.
- 3Cook the remaining half of the syrup mixture to 272 degrees. Add slowly to the first mixture,continue beating for 5 minutes.
- 4Add melted chocolate and vanilla. Beat until mixture holds it shape.
- 5Add nuts and drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper lined cookie sheet.