CHOCOLATE COVERED OREO BALLS
Jo Anne Sugimoto
How to Make CHOCOLATE COVERED OREO BALLS
- In a food processor or blender, grind the oreo cookies until fine.
- In a large bowl mix oreo crumbs, confectioners sugar and cream cheese using an electric mixer, until well blended.
- Roll into walnut-sized balls, place on a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper and refrigerate for an hour or when it is firm.
- While you are waiting, bring water to a boil in a double boiler. Remove from heat and melt 3 to 4 chunks of chocolate bark, stirring constantly. Be sure that there are no lumps.
- If you are making bonbons, stick a toothpick into the oreo ball and dip it into the melted chocolate bark.
- Let the excess drip off and place onto a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper to set.
- If you are using lollipop sticks, dip the tip of the stick into the melted chocolate and insert it into the oreo ball no more than half way.
- Dip the oreo ball into the melted chocolate, be sure that you cover the base of the ball and 1/4 of an inch up the stick.
- This helps secure the ball to the stick while the coating sets.
- Gently tap the stick on the side of the bowl to get the excess off.
- Sprinkle candy or tiny candy decorations onto the oreo ball while it is still wet.
- Place the oreo ball into a styrofoam block to dry and set.