Chocolate Covered Cherries
How to Make Chocolate Covered Cherries
- 1Drain cherries on paper towel for several hours or overnight.
- 2In a small mixing bowl combine the softened butter and light corn syrup.
- 3Stir in powdered sugar; knead until mixture is smooth.
- 4Shape about 1/2 teaspoon of sugar mixture around each cherry.
- 5Place the coated cherries on a parchment lined baking sheet: chill.
- 6Melt the dipping chocolate and add shortening.
- 7Holding the cherries by the stems, dip the cherries into the melted chocolate.
- 8Be sure to completely seal the cherries in chocolate; otherwise, cherry juice may leak out.
- 9Chill until chocolate is firm.
- 10Place cherries in an airtight container and let them ripen in the fridge for 1-2 weeks before serving.
- 11Ripening is necessary to allow powdered sugar mixture around the cherries to do soften and liquefy.
- 12Store in refrigerator.