Chocolate Covered Bacon Candy!!!
If you like bacon... and you like chocolate..... YOU HAVE TO TRY THIS!!!
At our Super Bowl parties this is a must!
How to Make Chocolate Covered Bacon Candy!!!
- 1Cut the bacon strips in half. Fry the bacon as flat as you can, and as crisp as you can. Do not burn!!!
Remove from skillet to paper towel lined plate to remove as much fat as possible.
- 2When you are done making your other candies using chocolate almond bark, dip the cooled bacon into the almond bark.
I dip the bacon two ways:
1. Dip the entire strip of bacon and coat on both sides. Place on wax paper lined baking sheet. Refrigerate or freeze of 5-10 minutes or until chocolate bark hardens.
2. Dip 1/2 to 3/4 of a strip of bacon. Place on wax paper lined baking sheet, and refrigerate or freeze for 5-10 minutes to harden chocolate bark.
- 3*** If you don't want the flat strips of bacon, cut each strip into 3 or 4 pieces. Fry until crisp, drain on paper towels. Cool completely. Dip completely in chocolate bark or dark chocolate chips. Let set before serving or storing in airtight container.
- 4*** I also put a thin layer of peanut butter on bacon. Freeze for 10 minutes, then dip in the chocolate.
*** Spread a little caramel topping on bacon, sprinkle with coarsely chopped pecans. Freeze for 15 minutes. Dip in chocolate. Sprinkle additional nuts on the chocolate layer and set on wax paper.
- 5*** After all the bacon pieces are coated the way you choose to do them, let them harden, then drizzle with white chocolate or almond bark to decorate.