Chocolate-Coconut Mashed Potato Candies
- 3/4 c
- mashed potatoes, real or instant
- 1 lb
- flaked coconut, about 4 cups
- 1 lb
- powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp
- almond extract
- 6 oz
- semi-sweet chocolate pieces
- squares semi-sweet chocolate
- bar or block of paraffin
How to Make Chocolate-Coconut Mashed Potato Candies
- 1Combine all ingredients except coating; drop by teaspoonfuls on waxed paper.
- 2Roll into balls; refrigerate 1/2-1 hour. If mixture is too soft to form balls, refrigerate first then roll into balls.
- 3CHOCOLATE COATING:
Combine all coating ingredients in the top of a double boiler. Melt over hot water, stirring occasionally, until ingredients are blended
- 4While still in the double boiler dip rolled balls using tongs, candy dipper or 2 forks into chocolate, coating all sides. Place on waxed paper. Place in refrigerator to firm up. Store in tightly sealed container.