Chocolate Coated Home Made Marshmallows
HOMEMADE STRAWBERRY MARSHMALLOWS
I did not include making the marshmallows in my prep time or cooking time as it is a recipe on it's own (and you can make this recipe using store bought marshmallows too)
My old recipe called for harder, chewier marshmallows... So I made the marshmallow at 5 am... and dipped them at 4:30 pm, so they could toughen up a bit from sitting in the open air.
They came out very good!!!
How to Make Chocolate Coated Home Made Marshmallows
- Make the marshmallows... let them cool and get a littled hardened and chewier from sitting out for several hours.
- Cut into strips about an inch wide. Tear the strips to desired size (I tear them rather than cut them... they are less uniform and more rustic).
- In double boiler: Melt the chocolate until creamy.
- Drop a few pieces of the marshmallows at a time into the melted chocolate. Roll them around to completely coat.
(I use a fork to do this, and to scoop them out and tap the inside of the pan to get the excess chocolate off).
- Transfer the coated marshmallows to a wax paper lined baking sheet. Put into the freezer or refrigerator for 5-10 minutes to set the chocolate.
- Leave plain, or garnish with candy sprinkles.