Chocolate Christmas Sticks
- long pretzel rods
- 4 oz
- milk chocolate, broken in pieces
- 4 oz
- semi sweet chocolate, broken in pieces
- toppings; flaked coconut, red,green, & white sprinkles, chopped fine nuts
How to Make Chocolate Christmas Sticks
- 1Place chocolate in microwave safe 1c. measuring cup or mug. Cover with wax paper nuke for 1-2 minutes or until almost melted, stirring until smooth.
- 2Meanwhile, place your toppings of choice on wax paper, separate sheets, or plates.
- 3Holding one pretzel rod at a time, dip in melted chocolate, tipping cup to cover about 1/2 of the rod. Allow excess to drip off into cup. Immediately sprinkle with topping choices, carefully place rod in a pie plate or shallow bowl. Lean uncoated portion on edge.
- 4Repeat with remaining pretzels, refrigerate for 20 minutes to set coating. Then when set, dip the other side of the pretzel sprinkle topping choices. Let set in fridge for 20 minutes. Don't wrap until they have set for a day.
- 5Wrap in a wax paper gift box or in colored plastic wrap.
* I also do these at Easter time with White chocolate and pastel toppings and tinted coconut.