Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles
1/2 cbutter, softened
3/4 cbrown sugar, packed
1 tspvanilla extract
14 ozsweetened condensed milk
1/2 cminiature chocolate chips
·solid shortening (crisco)
·large bag of chocolate chips (semi sweet)
·small bag of white chocolate chips or crushed heath
How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles
- Cream butter,brown sugar, and vanilla.
- Add flour alternately with sweetened condensed milk, stirring until well mixed.
- Add mini chocolate chips and stir well.
- Form dough into 1 inch balls (if the dough is too soft, you can refrigerate for 30 minutes prior to rolling into balls - also helps to flour your hands).
- Place formed balls on wax paper lined cookie sheets, cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour. (When I've been in a hurry, I have put them in the freezer for 10 minutes and it's worked perfectly.)
- Melt 1 C chocolate chips with 1 Tbl of Crisco in microwave, stirring every 30 minutes until smooth.
- Dip balls of dough into melted chocolate (I use a fork so that the excess chocolate will pass between the tines of the fork) and place back on wax paper.
- Refrigerate dipped balls until chocolate is firm (or freeze them again for approximately 5 to 10 minutes).
- Decorate the dipped balls however you wish! You may use melted white chocolate to drizzle over them, sprinkle them with heath bits (before the chocolate sets), or sprinkle with a few of the mini chocolate chips.
- Store in airtight container in the refrigerator.