Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles
- 1/2 c
- butter, softened
- 3/4 c
- brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 2 c
- 14 oz
- sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 c
- miniature chocolate chips
- solid shortening (crisco)
- large bag of chocolate chips (semi sweet)
- small bag of white chocolate chips or crushed heath
How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles
- 1Cream butter,brown sugar, and vanilla.
- 2Add flour alternately with sweetened condensed milk, stirring until well mixed.
- 3Add mini chocolate chips and stir well.
- 4Form dough into 1 inch balls (if the dough is too soft, you can refrigerate for 30 minutes prior to rolling into balls - also helps to flour your hands).
- 5Place formed balls on wax paper lined cookie sheets, cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour. (When I've been in a hurry, I have put them in the freezer for 10 minutes and it's worked perfectly.)
- 6Melt 1 C chocolate chips with 1 Tbl of Crisco in microwave, stirring every 30 minutes until smooth.
- 7Dip balls of dough into melted chocolate (I use a fork so that the excess chocolate will pass between the tines of the fork) and place back on wax paper.
- 8Refrigerate dipped balls until chocolate is firm (or freeze them again for approximately 5 to 10 minutes).
- 9Decorate the dipped balls however you wish! You may use melted white chocolate to drizzle over them, sprinkle them with heath bits (before the chocolate sets), or sprinkle with a few of the mini chocolate chips.
- 10Store in airtight container in the refrigerator.