Chocolate Cherry Nut Fudge
I'm not sure where the recipe came from - off of the can of sweetened condensed milk or the chocolate chips (for the basic Fudge). I just know it is so easy to make! And the addition of the cherries and nuts makes it oh so delicious!
- 12 oz
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 can(s)
- sweetened condensed milk (14 oz)
- dash of salt
- 1 c
- pecans, chopped
- 1 tsp
- almond extract
- 1/2 c
- maraschino cherries, drained well and chopped
- note: important...you want to drain off as much juice as possible. placing the cherries on paper towels helps to pull out more juice.
How to Make Chocolate Cherry Nut Fudge
- 1Line an 8 or 9 onch square pan with aluminum foil.
This makes it easier to take the fudge out of the pan.
- 2In a large glass bowl combine chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk and salt.
Microwave on high 2-3 minutes. (Check after 2 minutes)
- 3Quickly stir in nuts, almond extract and cherries.
- 4Spoon immediately into foil lined pan and chill 2 hours or until set.
- 5Remove from pan, peel foil off and cut into pieces. Store in the refrigerator.