Chocolate Almond Toffee
- 1 c
- butter, unsalted, cut up
- 1 1/2 c
- 1 Tbsp
- light corn syrup
- 1 c
- chopped almonds (i use unsalted)
- 1/4 c
- finely chopped almonds
- 6 oz
- milk chocolate (i used dark choc.)
- 6 oz
- butterscotch chips
How to Make Chocolate Almond Toffee
- 1Line a 15x10X1 in.jelly-roll pan with foil coated with non-stick cooking spray. In a medium-size saucepan, heat butter, sugar, corn syrup and 2 TBS. water.
- 2Cook mixture about 12 minutes until golden brown and temperature reaches 300 degrees. Do no Stir. Remove from heat and remove thermometer. carefully stir in 1 C. chopped almonds.
- 3Quickly pour toffee onto prepared pan and spread to edges. Let stand in pan on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- 4Melt chips together in micro-wave. Spread 1/2 mixture on cooled toffee. refrigerate 20 min. or until firm.
- 5Once bar is firm, flip over onto a sheet of wax paper, remove foil. Slide toffee back onto baking pan. Spread remaining choc. mix on top and sprinkle with remaining finely chopped almonds. Refrigerate 20 min. more.
- 6Once choc. is firm, break bar into pieces. Store airtight at room temp, up to 1 month. (keeps longer in refrigerator.)