★★★★★ 2 votes5
- 1 1/2 c
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 c
- brown sugar
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
How to Make Chewy Eggnog Caramels
- 1In a saucepan over medium heat mix eggnog and sugars.
- 2Stir continuously until liquid begins to boil. Once boiling, stop stirring and attach your candy thermometer.
- 3While the caramel is cooking, line an 8x8 inch pan with foil and butter the foil (don't skimp on the butter).
- 4Once the caramel reaches 245 degrees remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- 5Pour into the buttered pan and let cool in the fridge for 5-6 hours or overnight.
- 6To cut, remove the entire caramel break using the foil.
- 7Flip upside down on a flat cutting board and peel off the foil.
- 8Cut caramels into desired shape and size using a very sharp buttered knife.
- 9Wrap your candies with wax paper and store in the refrigerator. Eat within a week or so, not that they last even that long around my house.