★★★★★ 2 votes5
1 1/2 ceggnog
1/2 cbrown sugar
1 tspvanilla extract
How to Make Chewy Eggnog Caramels
- In a saucepan over medium heat mix eggnog and sugars.
- Stir continuously until liquid begins to boil. Once boiling, stop stirring and attach your candy thermometer.
- While the caramel is cooking, line an 8x8 inch pan with foil and butter the foil (don't skimp on the butter).
- Once the caramel reaches 245 degrees remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour into the buttered pan and let cool in the fridge for 5-6 hours or overnight.
- To cut, remove the entire caramel break using the foil.
- Flip upside down on a flat cutting board and peel off the foil.
- Cut caramels into desired shape and size using a very sharp buttered knife.
- Wrap your candies with wax paper and store in the refrigerator. Eat within a week or so, not that they last even that long around my house.