Cherry Peanut Butter Balls
These are fun to make and even more fun to eat. Surprise your family or guest with the peanut butter & cherry combination. These need to be refrigerated in steps - but the end "candy" is so good.
- 1/2 c
- butter (no substitution) softened
- 1 c
- creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 2 c
- confectioners' sugar
- 24 large
- maraschino cherries with stems
- additional confectioners' sugar
- 2 c
- (12 ounces) semiswet chocolate chips
- 1/4 c
- shortening (crisco)
How to Make Cherry Peanut Butter Balls
- 1Cream the butter, and add peanut butter with vanilla - Mix well in a small bowl
- 2Gradually beat in the confectioners' sugar. Cover and refrigeate for at least 1 hour.
- 3Pat the cherries dry with a paper towel. Dust hands with additional confectioners' sugar. Wrap each cherry wth a rounded tablespoon full of peanut butter mixture; shape into a ball. (Peanut butter mixture may need tobe refrigerated occasionally while rolling cherries). Cover and refrigeate for at least 1 hour. In a microwave, melt chocolae chips and shortening; str until smooth. Dip peanut butter balls in cocolate & place on wax paper. Refrigeate for at least an hour before serving.