- 1 stick
- butter, unsalted; melted
- 2 lb
- powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 c
- 1 can(s)
- sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp
- 1 1/2 c
- chopped pecans
- stemmed cherries
- cake paraffin wax
- 1 pkg
- semi-sweet chocoate chips (12-oz)
How to Make Cherry Bombs
- 1Mix butter, sugar and milk. Add coconut, vanilla and nuts. Chill.
- 2Form balls with cherries in the middle. Make sure you completely cover the cherry, leaving the stem exposed so you can hold it to dip the ball into the chocolate. Chill again.
- 3Melt ½ cake of paraffin with 12 ounces chocolate chips over hot water. Hold the cherry stem and dip each ball into the chocolate. If the chocolate coating seems too thin, let it harden for a minute or so and dip again until it is how you want it. Place on parchment or waxed paper to dry.
Store in air-tight containers in refrigerator.
- 4*NOTE: These can be made without cherries. Stick toothpicks into the balls to dip in the chocolate.
IDEAS: Try adding in a few drops of food coloring before chilling, then form into balls for a little bit of color.