Cherry Almond Chocolate Clusters
If you love chocolate, especially dark chocolate you will love these.
I have made these a half dozen times in the past month sharing them with my mother-in-law who has diabetes. She is able to eat one a day and it doesn't raise her sugar levels. She is loving it.
- 1 c
- toasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 c
- dried cherries or cranberries, chopped
- 6 oz
- dark chocolate, finely chopped (i have used ghirardelli 60% dark chocolate chips or baking bar)
- 1 Tbsp
- paraffin wax, chips (optional)
How to Make Cherry Almond Chocolate Clusters
- 1In a medium bowl, toss together the almonds and the cherries. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
- 2Melt the chocolate & wax in a glass bowl in the microwave at 30 second intervals until all the chocolate and wax is melted. Stir frequently.
- 3Stir the fruit-nut mixture into the chocolate. Spoon out heaping tablespoon-sized clusters of the chocolate mixture onto the baking sheet about 1-inch apart. Put them in the refrigerator to set for 15 minutes. You can also chill them int he freezer for a few minutes. Store and serve at room temperature.