How to Make Caramel Turtles
- Combine caramels and whipped topping and heat over hot water, stirring until mixture has belted and it is smooth and well blended. Let cool slightly.
- Place pecan halves on a lightly greased cookie sheet in groups of 3, arranged such that one pecan half is in the position of a turtle's head while the other 2 pecan halves are in the position of the turtle's legs on each side.
- Carefully spoon the melted caramels over each group of 3 pecan halves, leaving the ends of the pecan halves showing. Let sit until hard.
- Melt chocolate chips over hot water, stirring until smooth. Let cool slightly.
- Spoon melted chocolate over caramel topping on pecan halves, taking care not to cover the pecan heads and legs of the turtles. Let sit until hard.