☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- pecans, halved
- vanilla caramels
- 2 tsp
- 1/2 c
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
How to Make Caramel Snappers
- 1Toast pecan halves by spreading in a single layer in a shallow baking pan.
- 2Toast in 350 oven about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3Line a baking sheet with foil; butter foil.
- 4On the prepared baking sheet arrange the pecan halves in groups of three, placing flat side of pecans down; set aside.
- 5In a heavy 1 quart saucepan combine caramels and water.
- 6Cook over low heat; stir constantly until caramels are melted and smooth.
- 7Remove saucepan from heat.
- 8Drop about 1 teaspoon caramel mixture onto each group of pecans.
- 9Let stand about 20 minutes or until caramel is firm.
- 10In a small saucepan, heat the chocolate over low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- 11Remove saucepan from heat.
- 12With a narrow metal spatula spread a small amount of chocolate over top of each caramel center.
- 13Let stand until firm; remove candy from baking sheet.
- 14Store tightly covered.