The caramel can be a little fussy. This is not a sticky caramel coating, more sugared. The key is stirring the caramel around the edges of the pot every once in a while during cooking, and stirring well before pouring on the popcorn.
- 2 Tbsp
- butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 c
- brown sugar
- 1/4 c
- 1 dash(es)
- 2 qt
- popped popcorn
How to Make Caramel Popcorn
- 1Pop the popcorn. Should end up with 2 quarts of popped popcorn. Spread out on buttered cookie sheet.
- 2Melt butter, brown sugar, water, and salt in saucepan; stir until dissolved.
- 3Cook to soft ball stage (238 degrees), stirring around the edges every once in a while (not very often)
- 4When at temperature, stir well to mix it all up.
- 5Pour and coat the popcorn. Let set and cool before you start munching :)