Caramel Corn with pecans
How to Make Caramel Corn with pecans
- In a heavy sauce pan (allowing for extra space at the top for foam to rise), combine the sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla and baking soda.
- Foam will instantly form when the baking soda is added.
- Immediately pour the mixture over freshly popped corn and peanuts in a large container. Best when microwave butter popcorn is used.
- Mix well and quickly.
- Pour onto two cookie sheets lined with foil.
- Bake in preheated oven at 200 for 1 hour 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Store in a tightly sealed container as air will make the corn soggy.