"Candy Bars DEEP FRIED"
Photo: My Picture does not do these justice. If You have a better Photo share with me. . Thanks
- 1 bag
- mini hershey candy bars milky way or rolos, etc
- 8-12 cups
- veg. oil or peanut oil (quanity depends on the size of pan you are frying in.)
- 1 1/2 cups
- flour, divided see below
- 1 tsp
- baking pdr
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 cup
- 2 Tbs
- 1 Tbs
- veg. oil
SEE NOTE BELOW:
TEMPURA BATTER CAN BE SUBSTITUED.
How to Make "Candy Bars DEEP FRIED"
- 1First, unwrap & FREEZE all your candy bars on cookie sheet. not less than 2 hrs. They must be frozen solid.
Candy Used: Milky way, 3 Musketeer bars, Snickers, million dollar bars, Roto, etc. choices are endless.
- 2after candy is frozen;
start heating your Oil for frying, about 3" deep in fry pan. or deep fryer. to 375 degrees on thermometer. (This usually takes about 10 min.)
- 3Prepare BATTER while oil is heating.
Place 1/2 cup flour in shallow dish or pie tin, and set aside.
- 4Place remaining 1 cup flour in small bowl, Stir in Baking pdr, and salt.
In a Mixing cup, stir milk, vinegar, & oil.
Whisk the wet to the dry ingredients. whisk till almost no lumps.
- 5Remove candy bars from freezer few at a time. As not to thaw them out.
Dredge candy bar in flour, covering completely.
Dip completely into batter, using fork to completely cover with the batter, or slotted spoon.
Quickly place into hot oil.
Monitor as it will cook quickly.
Keep submerged under the oil, and turn to fry to golden brown on all sides.
Once it reaches golden brown,
Remove from Oil with a slotted spoon.
Place on paper lined plate,
Cool slightly and sprinkle with Powdered Sugar.
For Fancy indulgences, serve with side of warm Hot fudge sauce, Caramel sauce, Mint chicolate sauce, drizzled over them, or even a Raspberry sauce or Just plain whipped Cream with a dusting of Pdr Sgr or Cocoa. . . . ENJOY!
to save time, You can purchase a "Tempura batter Mix", in place of the Home made batter. But be sure you dredge your candy bars in flour.