Candy Apple Time Treats By Freda
Schools had Carnivals and bobbing for apples and tons of Fun.
These "TWO" recipes in one are Double treats, Everyone will love.
I don't know of any kid who doesn't Love Candy apples. . . even us Big kids.
main photo courtesy of the internet.
RED CANDY APPLES CINNAMON FLAVORED
8 redapples with sticks inserted in each
1 Cuplight corn syrup
1/4-1/2 Cred cinnamon candy (or red hots )
10 dropsred food coloring (more if needed)
RED CANDY APPLES # 2 NOT FLAVORED
1/2 Cupcorn syrup, light
1/2 tspred food coloring
How to Make Candy Apple Time Treats By Freda
- in a 2 qt saucepan, Mix sugar Syrup,and water.
Bring to Boil. Boil constantly to 250 degrees.( use candy thermometer)or til drops of syrup dropped into cold water forms hard, yet plastic ball in the water.
- Add Candy, and cook to 285 degrees, or when threads dropped into cold water is hard but not brittle.
Remove from Heat.
- Dunk & swirl apples into Mixture. let excess drop off and place on buttered parchment lined baking pan or surface to cool.
makes 8 med candy apples.
- RED Candy apples #2 Not Flavored
Granny smith apples work well with this recipe, with Shish-a-bob sticks inserted.
Bring all ingredients to boil. (use thermometer in med sauce pan.)
Boil to 310 degrees.
- Line Baking pan with wax or Parchment paper,
Grease parchment paper with butter.
When Mixture reaches 310 degrees, Remove from heat.
Swirl apples in mixture and place on buttered lined baking sheets. Enjoy at room temp.