Can Frosting Fudge
THIS RECIPE IS FOR PEANUT CHOCOLATE FUDGE....BELOW IN THE DIRECTIONS THERE ARE MORE OPTIONS TO TRY
112 ounce pkg semisweet chocolate chips
1 can(s)milk chocolate cream supreme frosting
1 cpeanut butter chips
1/2 cchopped nuts...pecans, walnuts..your choice
How to Make Can Frosting Fudge
- DO NOT use "whipped" frosting in a can, be sure to use regular frosting. Line 8 inch square pan with foil extending foil over edges lightly butter foil, melt chips in large saucepan over very low heat stirring until smooth; remove from heat and stir in frosting. Pour into 8 inch foiled lined pan and refrigerate for 1 hour.
This step #1 is also the basic directions for each of the following fudge recipes below...
- ROCKY ROAD FUDGE: 1- 12 ounce semi sweet chocolate chips, 1 can pillsbury chocolate supreme frosting, 1-1/2 cups mini marshmallows, and 3/4 chopped nuts. Use same directions as described in step #1 Be sure to add marshmallows and nuts after chocolate has been removed from the heat for a little while, so as not to melt the marshmallows.
- FUNFETTI FUDGE: 1- 12 ounce bag white/vanilla chips, 1 can pillsbury pink vanilla cream supreme frosting, 1-1/2 cups mini marshmallows. Go to step #1 and follow directions. Do not add marshmallows while fudge mixture is still extremely hot. (I am not sure about the pink vanilla frosting..I believe you need to add food coloring to achieve the pink color for the vanilla frosting in the tub...)
- TOFFEE BUTTERSCOTCH FUDGE: 1- 12 ounce pkg. butterscotch chips, 1 can pillsbury caramel pecan creamy supreme frosting, 1/2 cup chopped peanuts, 1/2 cup almond brickle chips. Go to step #1 and follow directions.
- PEPPERMINT SWIRL FUDGE: 1- 12 ounce pkg. white/vanilla chips, 1 can pillsbury vanilla creamy supreme frosting, 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract, 4 drops red food coloring, 2 Tablespoons peppermint candy pieces, crushed. Prepare pan as above, melt chips then remove from stove top stir in frosting, peppermint extract and then spread into 8 inch pan..sprinkle crushed candy pieces on top and now take a knife and make swirls with the knife to make it a marble look...and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.