★★★★★ 1 vote5
2buttered 10 x 15 x 1 pans or baking sheets
1 clight-colored corn syrup
3 ccashews (or nuts of your choice)
1 tspbaking soda
How to Make Buttery Cashew Brittle
- In a 3 qt sauce pan,cook and stir sugar, corn syrup and water bringing it to a boil
- Add butter.
- Clip on candy thermometer
- Reduce heat to medium low; continue to boil at moderate steady rate, stirring occasionally until 280 degrees (about 35 minutes).
- With wood spoon stir in 3 cups of nuts.
- Continue over medium low stirring frequently until 300 deg. (10-15 minutes) Hard crack stage.
- Remove – quickly stir in 1 tsp. sifted baking soda.
- Pour onto 2 buttered 10 x 15 x 1 pans or baking sheet.
- As it cools stretch out by lifting and pulling with forks. (BE CAREFUL AS IT IS VERY HOT) Loosen asap and break into bite-sized pieces.
- Store in a tight fitting container.