Buttery Almond Toffee
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 cchopped whole natural almonds ( with skin )
2 Tbspunsalted butter
1 cunsalted butter
1/4 clight corn syrup
1 tspvanilla extract
1( 12 oz ) package semisweet chocolate morsels
How to Make Buttery Almond Toffee
- preheat over to 350. combine almonds, and 2 tbsp. butter on a baking sheet. bake at 350 for 8 minutes, stir and bake 2 minutes more. drain on paper towels.
- place 1 cup butter in a large microwave safe bowl, cover with plastic wrap and microwave on high for 1 minute. add sugar, 1/4 cup water, corn syrup, and salt. cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes. ( this step washes down sugar crystals from the side of the bowl ) uncover and stir gently, and microwave at high for 10 minutes or until golden.
- using oven mitts, remove bowl from microwave and stir in vanilla. pour candy mixture, without scraping sdes of the bowl, onto a greased baking sheet lined with parchment paper QUICKLY spread candy to a 1/4" thickness.
- sprinkle chocolate chips over the toffee, let stand one minute or untill chocolate begins to melt. spread chocolate evenly over the candy. sprinkle with chopped almonds, pressing gently with fingertips. cool completely. chill for one hour or until firm. break toffee into pieces, and store in and airtight container.
- NOTE: to make coffee toffee combine 1 1/2 tsp. instant espresso powder with 1/4 cup water when adding water as recipe direct. cook candy mixture in microwave on high as recipe directs above, microwaveing only 9 minutes at the end of step 2.