How to Make Butterscotch Thins
- 1Lightly oil cookie sheet.
- 2Combine all the ingredients in a heavy saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring until the sugar is dissolved and mixture comes to a boil.
- 3Insert a candy thermometer and cook without stirring until the temperature reaches 300 degrees.
- 4Remove from heat and drop a teaspoonfuls on prepared cookie sheets to form 1 1/2 in rounds. If the candy starts to harden before you are finished, put the saucepan in a pan of hot water until the consistency improves.
- 5Store in an airtight container in a cool place.