Butterscotch Pistachio Fudge
2 cpacked light brown sugar
1 can(s)12 oz. sweetened condensed milk
2 Tbsplight corn syrup
1 Tbspvanilla extract
1/4 tspcream of tartar
64whole shelled pistachios
How to Make Butterscotch Pistachio Fudge
- line the bottom and sides of an 8x8" dish with foil, letting excess hang over. Spray foil with non stick cooking spray.
- In a heavy 4 qt pot, add sugars, milk, water, syrup and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Simmer syrup without stirring until candy thermometer registers 238^-240^, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool, without stirring, until thermometer reaches 110^-120^. Add butter, vanilla,cream of tartar,stir vigorously until fudge starts to thicken.
- Immediately pour into prepared pan. Let cool until slightly firm. With a sharp knife, trace 1" squares on top. Press a pistachio into each square. Let cool about 3 hours.
- Lift foil and fudge out of pan and set on a cutting board. With a chef's knife, cut into 1" squares.
Makes 64 pieces.