Butterfinger Peanut Brittle
Well this soft brittle will not be one of those hard brittles..
This makes a great gift for the holiday- sweet tooth people on your list. Give this one a try!
Recipe idea from wives with knives and Cathy.
How to Make Butterfinger Peanut Brittle
- 1Generously butter a large cookie sheet with sides.. Set aside.
Place baking soda in the 2 teas. water. Set aside.
In a microwave safe dish heat peanut butter until melted.(thirty second intervals-stirring after each time).
- 2In a large saucepan combine sugar, corn syrup and 1/4 cup water. Cook over high heat to 275^ degrees on a candy thermometer.
Lower heat to medium, add butter and stir till melted.
- 3Add peanuts, cook,stirring about 5 minutes until candy starts to turn brown and reaches 300^.
- 4Remove from heat. Stir in baking soda mixture. Add vanilla.
Working quickly, fold in warm peanut butter, stirring gently.
- 5At once pour candy mixture onto prepared cookie sheet. Spread fast and as thin as possible.
When completely cool- break up into serving size pieces.