- 8 Tbsp
- unsalted butter (1 stick), at room temp,plus extra for greasing the cookie sheets
- 3 Tbsp
- 1 c
- unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 Tbsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 c
- shelled pecans,chopped moderately fine
- 3/4 c
- confectioner's sugar
How to Make Butterballs
- 1Preheat oven to 300. Grease one of two cookie sheets.
- 2Cream the butter. Beat in the honey; gradually mix in the flour and salt, then the vanilla. Add the pecans. Wrap the dough in plastic and chill for 1 hour.
- 3Form the balls by hand,the size of quarters. Place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets. Bake until golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes.
- 4Remove the cookie sheet from the oven; as soon as the cookies are cool enough to touch;roll in the confectioners' sugar. Allow to cool and roll again in sugar.