★★★★★ 1 vote5
1.5 calmonds, blanched and chopped
1 cwalnuts, finely chopped
4 ozmilk chocolate, broken into pieces
How to Make Butter Toffee
- Butter a 15x10" jelly roll pan; set aside.
- Combine sugar, salt, water and butter in a heavy 3-quart saucepan.
- Heat to boiling on medium-high heat.
- Add 3/4 cup almonds and cook, stirring constantly, to hard crack stage (300-310 degrees).
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in remaining 3/4 cup almonds, 1/2 cup walnuts, and rum extract, mixing only enough to combine.
- Very quickly, pour into prepared pan.
- Spread evenly.
- Place chocolate on warm toffee until melted.
- Spread chocolate evenly over toffee.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup walnuts.
- Cool; break into pieces.
- Makes: 50 pieces