- 4 Tbsp
- softened butter(or 3 ounces softened cream cheese)
- 3 Tbsp
- sweetened condensed milk
- 1 lb
- powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp
- peppermint extract
- food coloring(your choice of color)
- granulated sugar for rolling (about 1/4 cup)
How to Make Butter Mints
- 1Mash butter or cream cheese with milk.Gradually add
sugar until mixture is like a stiff pie dough.
- 2Work in the peppermint extract and food coloring
(I recommend a small amount of gel food coloring)
until mixture reaches desired shade.
- 3Roll into small balls then roll in granulated sugar.
Can leave in ball shape or place into candy mold to shape. remove from mold immediately.The mints freeze well.