1 1/2 csmooth peanut butter
1 cbutter, soft and unsalted
1/2 tspvanilla extract
6 cconfectioners' sugar
4 csemi-sweet chocolate chips
smallcooking paraffin wax
How to Make Buckeyes
- In a large bowl mix together the peanut butter, vanilla , butter,and confectioner's sugar. The dough will look dry.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place on waxed paper-lined cookie sheet. Press a toothpick into the top of each ball ( to be used later as the handle for dipping) and chill in freezer until firm, about 30-60 min )
- Melt chocolate chips and paraffin in a double boiler or in a bowl set over a pain of barely simmering water. Stir frequently until smooth.
- Dip frozen peanut butter balls in chocolate holing onto the toothpick. Leave a small potion of peanut butter showing at the top to make them look like buckeyes. Put back on the cookie sheet and refrigerate until serving.
- There are easy to make and the children love to help through the whole process: forming balls and dipping plus quality control tasting.