How to Make Buckeyes
- Mix butter and peanut butter in a stand mixer. Mix 5 minutes.
- Add in powdered sugar and mix until dough forms. I'm guessing less than 5 minutes. (I was trying to keep kids from eating the kisses)
- Over simmering water, melt the kisses until the temperature feels wet (not hot or cold, too hot you burn the chocolate, too cold and you'll be back at the stove in 2 minutes!)or better yet, buy a candy or chocolate thermometer.
- Have your kids help you roll the peanut butter mixture into balls (while constantly reminding them NOT to eat it! ... that didn't go so well in our house)
- Place the balls into the chocolate and pull out with a toothpick or chocolate dipper. (if using a toothpick, press the toothpick into the peanut butter and then turn on its side and lift out, lifting straight out will make the toothpick slip back out.)