Bittersweet Chocolate Walnut Meringue Kisses
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- egg whites
- 1/4 tsp
- cream of tartar
- 1/2 c
- reg. sugar
- 2 oz
- bittersweet chocolate, coursely chopped
- 1/3 c
- chopped walnuts
How to Make Bittersweet Chocolate Walnut Meringue Kisses
- 1Let egg whites stand in large bowl at room temp. 30 mins. Preheat oven to 300. Line cookie sheet parchment paper or lightly greased foil.
- 2Beat egg whites and cream of tarter on med. to high speed until soft peaks form[tips curl]. Gradually add sugar, about 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until glossy anf stiff peaks form[tips stand straight]. fold in 1/4 cup of the chocolate and 1/4 cup of the nuts.
- 3Drop meringue in 6 mounds 2 in. apart on prepared sheet. Using back of spoon, swirl the top of each meringue into a high tip that curls.
- 4Place meringues in oven, immediately decrease oven temp to 200. Bake 1 1/2 hours or until crisp and dry on outsides. Cool completely on sheet on a wire rack.Gently peal cooled meringues of paper or foil. Sprinkle w/ remaining chocolate & nuts. Serve.
- 5TO STORE:
Store in an airtight container at room temp up to 24 hours.