Bing Candy (Cherry Mash)
One recipe called it Bing Candy and the other called it Cherry Mash. Both are basically the same ingredients, just different layering techniques. The picture I am using shows it as two layers..the recipe I have on here instructs you on how to do three layers.
112 ounce package semisweet chocolate pieces
3/4 ccreamy peanut butter
2 cfinely chopped pecans, toasted, or finely chopped roasted peanuts
1 1/2 csugar
15 ounce can evaporated milk
110 ounce package cherry- or- peanut butter flavor pieces
How to Make Bing Candy (Cherry Mash)
- Line a 13x9 inch pan with heavy foil; allowing foil to extend over sides of the pan; grease foil and set pan aside.
- In saucepan, mix chocolate and peanut butter. Cook and Stir over low heat until melted. Stir in nuts. Spread half (1 1/4 cups) in prepared pan; transfer to refrigerator. Let remaining mixture stand at room temperature.
- In another medium saucepan, combine sugar, marshmallows, butter and evaporated milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil; cook 5 minutes more, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in cherry or peanut butter pieces until melted. Cool 10 minutes. Carefully spread over chocolate layer in pan. Chill the layered mixture for 20 minutes.
- carefully spread remaining chocolate over cherry layer. (If too firm to spread, place in microwave safe bowl; microwave on 50% power for 30 seconds, and then spread.) Cover; chill at least 1 hour. Use foil to lift candy from pan; cut into small pieces. Store up to one week in airtight container in refrigerator. Makes 120 pieces.
- NOTE: If you cannot find Cherry chips anywhere...it was suggested too use White Chocolate chips and add cherry extract with some food coloring (I would suggest in using oil based food coloring by wilton, to achieve the cherry color)..they said you could find the cherry extract at Walmart. It turned out well for this particular person who tried it. If doing this..be sure to use Good quality chocolate..high end brand.