- 3/4 c
- mashed potato
- 1/2 tsp
- 2 lb
- confectioner's sugar
- 1 stick
- 1/2 lb
- flaked coconut
- 2 tsp
- 12 oz
- package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 oz
- square unsweetened chocolate
- cake paraffin
How to Make Best Needhams
- 1Pare and cook potato to make 3/4 cup mashed. Add salt.
- 2Use a double boiler to melt the margarine.
- 3Add the potato, confectioner's sugar, coconut & vanilla.
- 4Mix well, then turn onto a buttered jelly roll pan, spreading evenly.
- 5Place in a cool place to harden. When hard, cut into small squares and dip in the following chocolate mixure.
- 6In a double boiler, place paraffin on boiling water to melt.
- 7Add both types of chocolate to the pan and melt. Stir well to mix.
- 8Use a toothpick to dip the squares in the chocolate and put on waxed paper to harden.