3/4 cmashed potato
2 lbconfectioner's sugar
1/2 lbflaked coconut
12 ozpackage semi-sweet chocolate chips
4 ozsquare unsweetened chocolate
How to Make Best Needhams
- Pare and cook potato to make 3/4 cup mashed. Add salt.
- Use a double boiler to melt the margarine.
- Add the potato, confectioner's sugar, coconut & vanilla.
- Mix well, then turn onto a buttered jelly roll pan, spreading evenly.
- Place in a cool place to harden. When hard, cut into small squares and dip in the following chocolate mixure.
- In a double boiler, place paraffin on boiling water to melt.
- Add both types of chocolate to the pan and melt. Stir well to mix.
- Use a toothpick to dip the squares in the chocolate and put on waxed paper to harden.