How to Make Bacon Brittle
- 1Brush 9x13 baking sheet with butter and set aside.
- 2Cook bacon until easily crumbled. Crumble and set aside.
- 3Combine Corn Syrup, Sugar, Water and salt in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves. Continue cooking, swirling occasionally, until reaching 'softball stage' on a candy thermometer (238 degrees.)
- 4Add bacon, continue cooking and stirring often to keep from burning bacon, until liquid turns amber. Remove from heat.
- 5Carefully stir in Vanilla and Baking Soda, immediately. Mixture will foam up in pan.
- 6Pour mixture on to prepared baking sheet, spread evenly immediately. Then set aside until completely cooled.
- 7Gently break brittle into pieces and enjoy.