Apple Crumb Coffee Cake
It will take me the rest of my life to make everything in here! LOL
The picture is from her recipe.
If you like coffee cake, this could be right up your alley!
1 1/4 cfirmly packed brown sugar
3/4 call-purpose flour
1/2 ccold butter, cut into small chunks
2 tspground cinnamon
1 cchopped nuts (optional)
3 1/4 call-purpose flour
1 1/2 tspbaking powder
3/4 tspbaking soda
3/4 cbutter, softened
1 1/4 cgranulated sugar
2 clow-fat plain yogurt
2apples (such as golden delicious) peeled, cored, and chopped
How to Make Apple Crumb Coffee Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
10-inch Bundt pan, greased and floured
- PREPARE THE TOPPING: In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, butter and cinnamon. Use a pastry blender or fork to mix until mixture is coarse and crumbly and the butter is well incorporated. Stir in the nuts and mix well. Set aside.
- PREPARE THE CAKE:
In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a large mixer bowl, cream butter and sugar on medium speed until smooth and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla and yogurt and beat on low speed until well blended.
- Spoon 1/2 the batter into the prepared baking pan. Sprinkle evenly with 1/4 cup of topping, then the apples, and then 1/2 cup of the crumb topping. Spoon on the remaining batter and top with remaining crumb topping.
- Bake in preheated oven for 55-60 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean and dry.
Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Put a large plate over the top and carefully invert. Remove pan. Place another plate on top of cake and invert so that crumb topping is facing up. Let cool completely.