FYI it makes A LOT !!
Two years ago I made a double recipe and sent 1000 of them to Afghanistan in little Chinese take out boxes. I sent them to my son's Air Force squadron. I got a nice email saying "You will be happy to know that your buckeyes are now flying over Afghanistan fighting for freedom." Apparently the pilots took them up in the fighter jets that day.
- 1 lb
- 2 lb
- peanut butter ( i use creamy jiff )
- 3 lb
- powdered sugar
- 2 pkg
- chocolate almond bark
How to Make Anna's Buckeyes
- 1Have butter at room temperature, and mix butter and peanut butter till smooth, You can use a mixer for this step.
- 2In LARGE bowel (I have a huge stainless bowl that I use) start kneading in the powdered sugar. You may have to ad more or less depending on humidity. It should be the consistency of play dough.
- 3I have a 1 inch cookie scoop that I use so it makes them all the same size and makes it go faster. You will also need lots of wax paper to put them on. Once they are set (I usually set them out in the garage so they get cold in the winter) then melt the almond bark or Wilton chocolate pieces in microwave or double boiler. I have a Oster electric fondue pot that I use. Sea Food forks work great for dipping them in the chocolate too.
- 4Note: I do this as a group activity .. I have everyone bring part of the recipe and containers to take them home in. I call it the Buckeye Party... and if you drink wine while rolling these .. they tend to get bigger the more wine you drink :)