How to Make Anise Candy
- 1Boil sugar, syrup, water and vinegar to hard crack stage (300 degrees on a candy thermometer). Don't Stir!!
- 2Remove froom fire and stir in oil flavoring and food coloring. This will smoke but it's O.K.
- 3Pour into a shallow, lightly greased 18 X 12 inch pan.
- 4When it starts to set make marks to cut into small squares about 1 inch.
- 5Let harden at room temperature.
- 6Break into pieces by hand. A kitchen table knife will help break up the larger pieces. Put into an air-tight container. This does not get sticky when cracked and cooled properly.
- 7May dust with powdered sugar if desired.