5 minute fudge
Here is a recipe for an instant sweet treat for the Christmas holiday goodie package for those you love to share homemade stuff with. I am blessed with this recipe from someone who didn't do much cooking or as far as I know, never had to clean her oven! I'm writing it by memory so you might have to tweak it a little to make it just right!
How to Make 5 minute fudge
- In a microwaveable bowl put peanut butter,2 cups (you can use chunky if you like nuts). Add a 1# bag of confectioner's sugar (the white powder kind for you beginners is called confectioner's sugar). Mix in 1/3 cup of milk. Top with !/2 stick of butter. you can use margarine but I always use butter. You can add less & it will still work! Just experiment a little!
- Put it in the microwave for 5 minutes cover loosely with plastic wrap. It will be hot so be careful when you remove it!
- Mix the whole thing together because the butter/margarine will sit on top as it melts.
- Spread it in a medium glass pan & refrigerate it until it sets up. This doesn't take long!
- Cuts into squares or edible size pieces. Enjoy!
- I have also added chocolate chips on occasion to make chocolate peanut butter fudge. People will rave about your yummy fudge & you don't have to tell them it only took 5 minutes unless you want to! otherwise, they will think you "slaved over a hot stove" just for them!