3 Musketeers Bars
Irisa Raina 9
Also I might add, I have not made this as yet, so I am not sure how it will turn out.
Just thought I'd share it with all of y'all :-)
How to Make 3 Musketeers Bars
- 1In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugar,
corn syrup, water, and salt.
- 2Heat, stirring, to boiling, then continue
to cook using a candy thermometer to monitor the temperature.
- 3Beat the egg whites until they are stiff and form peaks. Don't use a
plastic bowl for this.
- 4When the sugar solution comes to 270 degrees F,
or the soft crack stage, remove from the heat and pour the mixture in
thin streams into the egg whites, blending completely with a mixer set
on low speed.
- 5Continue to mix until the candy begins to harden to the
consistency of dough. This may take as long as 20 minutes. At this point
add the semisweet chocolate chips.
- 6Remember that the candy must already be at the consistency of dough when you add the chocolate; the nougat will thicken no more after the chocolate is added.
- 7When the chocolate is thoroughly blended and the nougat has thickened,
Press it into a greased 9x9?inch pan. Refrigerate until firm, about 30
- 8With a sharp knife, cut the candy in half down the middle of
the pan. Then cut across into 7 segments to create a total of 14 bars.
- 9Melt the milk chocolate chips in the microwave for 2 minutes on half
power, stirring halfway through the heating time. Melt completely, but
be careful not to overheat.
- 10Resting a bar on a fork dip each bar into the chocolate to coat completely and place on wax paper.
- 11Cool until firm at room temperature, 1 to 2 hours. Makes 14 candy bars.
- 12Not sure if its my computer or the site today...so I'm posting this here since it won't let me edit the ingredients.
# 9 2 bags milk chocolate chips (12?ounce bags)