☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 3 c
- granulated sugar
- 3/4 c
- light corn syrup
- 3/4 c
- 1/8 tsp
- egg whites
- 1/3 c
- semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 bag(s)
- milk chocolate chips (12 -ounce bags)
How to Make 3 Musketeers Bars
- 1In a large sauce pan over medium heat, combine the sugar, corn syrup, water, and salt.
- 2Heat, stirring, to boiling, then continue
to cook using a candy thermometer to monitor the temperature.
- 3Beat the egg whites until they are stiff and form peaks. Don't use a plastic bowl for this.
- 4When the sugar solution comes to 270 degrees F,
or the soft−crack stage, remove from the heat and pour the mixture in thin streams into the egg whites, blending completely with a mixer set on low speed.
- 5Continue to mix until the candy begins to harden to the
consistency of dough. This may take as long as 20 minutes. At this point add the semisweet chocolate chips.
- 6Remember that the candy must already be at the consistency of dough when you add the chocolate; the nougat will thicken no more after the chocolate is added.
- 7When the chocolate is thoroughly blended and the nougat has thickened, Press it into a greased 9x9−inch pan.
- 8Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
- 9With a sharp knife, cut the candy in half down the middle of the pan. Then cut across into 7 segments to create a total of 14 bars.
- 10Melt the milk chocolate chips in the microwave for 2 minutes on half power, stirring halfway through the heating time. Melt completely, but be careful not to overheat.
- 11Resting a bar on a fork dip each bar into the chocolate to coat completely and place on wax paper.
- 12Cool until firm at room temperature, 1 to 2 hours. Makes 14 candy bars.