WORM DIRT CAKE
It really resembles a pudding more than it does a conventional cake.
1-1 1/4Lb. pkgoreo cookies
1 pkg(8 oz.) cream cheese
1/2 cbutter, softened
1 cpowdered sugar
1(12 oz.) tub cool whip (can use chocolate)
2 pkg(3 1/2 oz.) instant vanilla or chocolate pudding
-------gummy worms and/or other critters
How to Make WORM DIRT CAKE
- Crush Oreos. Put 1/3 of the crushed Oreos into a new, clean flower pot. Set aside.
- Mix butter, cream cheese and sugar and vanilla together. Set aside.
- Combine milk and pudding mix. Fold Cool Whip into the pudding.
- Fold together pudding mixture and butter-cream cheese mixture.
- Layer this mixture (about 1/3 of it) onto the crumbled cookies in the pot. Next, add another layer of the pudding mixture, then another layer of cookie crumbs, continuing until all ingredients are used.
- As you're layering the ingredients, decoratively place several gummy worms and critters in the "soil" so they will be seen emerging. If you have a toy (clean) garden trowel, a plastic daisy, or some edible flowers, these can also be used creatively to embellish the presentation.
- Chill in refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours before serving.