WORM DIRT CAKE
It really resembles a pudding more than it does a conventional cake.
- 1-1 1/4Lb. pkg
- oreo cookies
- 1 pkg
- (8 oz.) cream cheese
- 1/2 c
- butter, softened
- 1 c
- powdered sugar
- 3 c
- (12 oz.) tub cool whip (can use chocolate)
- 2 pkg
- (3 1/2 oz.) instant vanilla or chocolate pudding
- 1/2 tsp
- gummy worms and/or other critters
How to Make WORM DIRT CAKE
- 1Crush Oreos. Put 1/3 of the crushed Oreos into a new, clean flower pot. Set aside.
- 2Mix butter, cream cheese and sugar and vanilla together. Set aside.
- 3Combine milk and pudding mix. Fold Cool Whip into the pudding.
- 4Fold together pudding mixture and butter-cream cheese mixture.
- 5Layer this mixture (about 1/3 of it) onto the crumbled cookies in the pot. Next, add another layer of the pudding mixture, then another layer of cookie crumbs, continuing until all ingredients are used.
- 6As you're layering the ingredients, decoratively place several gummy worms and critters in the "soil" so they will be seen emerging. If you have a toy (clean) garden trowel, a plastic daisy, or some edible flowers, these can also be used creatively to embellish the presentation.
- 7Chill in refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours before serving.