Worlds BEST Brownie Bars (as deemed by my kids)
- 1 box
- butter chocolate cake mix *
- 1 large
- 1 stick
- margarine, melted **
- 3 large
- 1 lb
- (4 cups) powdered suger
- 8 oz
- (1 block) cream cheese (reg or lowfat)
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract or chocolate liqueur
How to Make Worlds BEST Brownie Bars (as deemed by my kids)
- 1Preheat oven to 325ºF. Spray 9x13 pan*** with Pam.
- 2Mix bottom layer ingredients in large mixing bowl, and press evenly into pan.
- 3Mix top layer ingredients till smooth and pour over bottom layer, tilting pan to cover completely.****
- 4Bake for 55 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool COMPLETELY. Cut into bars.
- 5Goes great with an ice cold glass of milk.
- 6N O T E S
* I like Betty Crocker Butter Chocolate Cake Mix (sometimes hard to find these days)
** I’ve found Fleischmann's Original stick margarine works best in baking
*** I've cooked this in glass pans, single layer aluminum pans and in Air Bake insulated pans. The Air Bake produces the best texture and color.
**** No need to change/clean mixing bowl... use same tools as bottom layer.
***** The brownies rise pretty high then drop to about 1/2 the height of the pan.
****** Variations: Change the flavor of the cake mix and/or the extract/liqueur to suite your tastes.
I've tried Strawberry Cake Mix...you really need a huge sweet tooth for this one. I couldn't handle this one; luckily I have a friend who could.
I've also made it with Spice Cake - delicious!!!! Put the kids in the mood for pumpkin pie.