Worlds Best Blueberry Cake
In addition my mom messaged me :This is a recipe that Memire (my grandmother Posey) would always take when we went on our boat for the week-end. I always looked forward to this as much as being on the boat! Seriously!
1 1/2 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking powder
2egg whites beaten stiff
1 1/2 cblueberries ( floured lightly ) otherwise color runs
How to Make Worlds Best Blueberry Cake
- Beat egg white stiff and set aside.
- Cream shortening with sugar and add well beaten egg yolks.
- add alternately with the milk and flour mixtures.
- Fold in egg white carefully and vanilla.
- Last fold in blueberries.
- Sprinkle bottom of a pan with 1/4 cup sugar ( white ) Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes. Use tin leaf pan works best ( I use pyrex glass which is fine also )