Whooppee Pie Cake
Or, make the cake vanilla with vanilla pudding and the filling with vanilla (banana, pistachio or even butterscotch) pudding. The combinations can be endless.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 boxdevil's food cake mix
3 1/2 ozinstant chocolate pudding mix
1 1/2 cmilk
3 1/2 ozinstant vanilla pudding
How to Make Whooppee Pie Cake
- Preheat oven 350. Line 2 9x13 cake pans with parchment paper.
- Beat together on low, cake mix, chocolate pudding, eggs, oil and milk; until blended, then increase speed to high and beat 2 minutes.
- Pour 1/2 the batter into each prepared cake pan. Bake 15 minutes; test with toothpick for doneness.
- Cool completely.
- Frosting: Beat together sugar and shortening. Add milk and vanilla pudding; beat until thick.
- Remove cakes from pans; peel off parchment paper. Put one cake back into pan with the flat side up, and frost the top of that layer with all the filling. Place the other cake layer flat side down carefully on top of the frosted layer.